What's most exciting about this tool is it gives you a way to analyze your efforts.
You can answer questions like:
- How much time are we spending on proposals and questionnaires?
- Who is getting involved, and how much time are they spending on their responses?
Time Saved is the summary of time for that content which was pulled from the knowledge library. If you spent 5 minutes authoring a response and it is saved in the knowledge library, when you use that response you'll realize 5 minutes of time-savings.
Some data goes back to the beginning of RFP360 in early 2013.
On June 22, 2014, we started capturing the time users spent in the text editor. This was at the response level, by proposal, but not by the individual user. We assigned the total response time to the writer (not each writer who happened to be involved). So this was close, but not detailed by each resource.
So if a Manager re-wrote something for a writer, the time was added to the writer total.
On June 14, 2015 we started capturing the exact start/end times for each user working in proposals, by response.
So, historically, the proposals numbers are valid, but the user totals could be off a bit from reality. You'll also see spikes by date, as those were accumulated. Now the actual time spend is stored by date, so at a much more granular level.
We made some assumptions for historical content in the knowledge library. We used 2 seconds per word. So, before June 22, 2014 we calculated/estimated the amount of time spent to craft the Knowledge. After June 14, 2015 the data captured in the actual.